Well summer is officially over as I head back to work tomorrow morning. It's been a great summer and I know I'll miss having lots of free time and having extra time at home but I'm looking forward to the routine back to school brings.
Here is a recap of our summer including an update on our bucket list and our top 10 moments.
- Visit the Fort Worth Stockyards - check! We spent one Saturday afternoon exploring the Stockyards, learning the history of the area and watching the cattle drive! So cool. Matt is such a Fort Worth kinda guy so he loved it too!
- Go to the Dallas Farmers Market - this didn't happen. We just ran out of time and didn't make it over to Dallas much this summer. We've got plans for a weekend getaway to Dallas in the fall so maybe we can check this place out then.
- Take a Waco Texas Day Trip - check! This was a lot of fun, being looking for a recap post soon.
- Go bowling - check! This was a lot of fun & something I'd like to do more often.
- Have a Movie Marathon Day - check! This was a really fun day filled with great movies and a nice day spent at home together.
- Make a peach & blueberry crisp - check! Super delicious too. I made two actually - Shana's from Bread and Wine & Iowa Girl Eats. Yum!
- Go to concerts at Levitt Pavilion - check! We only made it to one concert but it was really fun and Baylor had a blast too.
- Go to Fort Worth for Jazz Sunday - this was another win! Thanks to the beautiful weather we were able to enjoy music outside while drinking iced coffee before dinner downtown.
- Get ice cream at Melt in Fort Worth - we ended up trying Melt along with several other local summer dessert places (Steel City Pops and Mad Mikes). Overall Mad Mikes was our top favorite!
- Have a date night at Top Golf - check! This was a fun summer date night! Wish it was closer to us!
- See an outdoor movie - didn't happen. I put this on our list each summer and we never seem to make it happen. Maybe next year ;)
- Pick peaches at Henrietta Creek Orchard - didn't happen. Apparently it was a rough year for the peaches at this orchard. But our friends gave us some peaches from their peach tree which made up for it!
Leigh Anne's List:
1. Summer dates with Matt
2. Late night dinners/movies/coffees with friends
3. My 9am workout crew
4. Mom and Sister Group Text - these are always so funny and I love that even when they are sitting in the car together they both chime in on the group text
5. Elizabeth's picture texts - Elizabeth moved into her first grown up apartment this summer so we had a lot of picture messages sent back and forth with decorating ideas!
6. Traveling to the beach and Colorado
7. Baylor being my shadow
8. Scandal watching with Matt - this was our summer show, we caught up starting with season one.
9. Meeting mom and Elizabeth in Canton
10. Christina and Johnny surprising us and stopping in for coffee one afternoon!
1. Pool in Florida with Palm trees
2. A great August business wise
3. World Cup - American outlaws, I believe that we will win
4. First summer with lots of meetings
5. Foot Golf with Dad and Will
6. Movie day - favorite was White House Down
7. Spade days and late nights with mom, dad, will
8. Watching a Rangers game with friends in a suite
9. Listening to country music especially Luke Bryan's new album
10. Watching God's Not Dead and downloading the album afterwards
Goodbye summer 2014!